Do you know what kind of Japanese company is good for advancing your career?
The following are the two checkpoints:
(1) the company has developed international business
(2) the company has actively implemented the policy of employing foreign nationals
In contrast, it is suggested that you should avoid choosing “super localized companies” with the following conditions:
- business development in Japan only
- all employees of the company are Japanese
Below I will show you how to evaluate a company’s employment conditions in order to separate from super localized companies.
First of all, you have to check the company’s “domestic and overseas sales ratio” and “the proportion of foreign employees.” There are many relevant information and data for the public, you should be able to find both checkpoints easily. However, making judgement just according to this information is not enough. Because even if the company has a higher proportion of overseas sales, it may be commissioned by the overseas trading companies for the sales operations. With regard to the number of foreign workers, the company may include foreign employees who are living and working overseas, while there are no foreign nationals in Japan office.
So, I suggest you more checkpoints as follows:
(3) whether or not any foreign nationals are employed in the management layer
(4) whether or not any foreign nationals are employed in the HR team
If there are foreign nationals working in the management layer, it can be said that the company has a relatively high possibility of developing a global business, and has a higher number of English-speaking Japanese employees.
In addition, it is supposed that the HR team is usually the most localized department. If there are foreign nationals working in the HR team, it can be said that the company’s diversity is making good progress. Coupled with the perspective of foreign employees carrying out recruitment and training, it can be said that the company can provide foreign nationals a friendly working environment.
- Our Response to the Gender Free Policy
- Will the coronavirus change the productivity of Japanese companies?
- To everyone living in Japan, if you don’t want to die, look at the hazard map
- Is an indirect or direct method of learning better for mastering Japanese?
- 8 points to make your trip to Japan more fun
- January 2021
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- November 2017
- October 2017
- July 2017